We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- – Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- – Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- – Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- – Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- – Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- – Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android
- – Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- – Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- – Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- – Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- – Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- – Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- – Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- – Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- – A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- – Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- – Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- – Familiarity with continuous integration
- – Relevant IT Tertiary Qualification
- – Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in an environment that builds and maintains mobile apps, with exposure to Hybrid cross-platform technologies, as well as native app development
- – Experience with Agile methodologies
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, disciplined person to work as part of a small team, where you have the opportunity to work on many exciting projects. The company has a range of products it is developing and there is a requirement to quickly prototype small proof of concepts, while working on larger projects. The position is suited to a disciplined and motivated person.
The company has offices in Cape Town.
To offer yourself the strongest chance of being considered for this role, submit your CV to email@example.com, please include a brief description of some of the projects you have worked on, the role you played in each and the technical contribution you have made.
Salary: Negotiated based on Experience.
Start date: 1 November 2017